Thursday, August 15, 2013

How Much Caffeine is in Your Cup?

I am a coffee snob and am always searching for the perfect cup. I don't often worry about the level of caffeine in my cup (I drink so many cups each day that caffeine no longer has much of an impact), but I came across this article and started to think, "there has got to be a lesson in this."




Since I am teaching 8th grade, I am thinking something with linear models (time vs caffeine based on coffee choices). I also started to wonder, "what is Deathwish coffee?" And "how can I get some?"


1 pound is currently $19. A bit expensive, but perhaps worth it. I like their home page warning:


Not your typical coffee bean:
Disclaimer:  This is not your regular morning coffee.  This is not your store bought coffee.  You will not find this coffee at your local diner or at your sissy 'Starbucks'. Death Wish Coffee is the most highly caffeinated premium dark roast organic coffee in the world. This is Extreme Coffee, not for the weak. Consider yourself Warned


I haven't designed the lesson yet, but I am wondering how long it would take to consume a lethal amount of caffeine with this brand. 






No comments:

Post a Comment